Friday, March 7, 2014

Walking Downtown After Work...


It was such a nice day yesterday that I decided to walk to the light rail station downtown instead of taking the bus home from work.  I had the choice of taking a walk on the wild side down Colfax, as Chicago author Nelson Algren would have put it, or else strolling down 17th Street and mixing with Denver's hip crowd.  It is just amazing what a difference two blocks can make here in Denver. Since I move so easily in ultra hip circles, I decided to take the 17th Street route, greeting passersby with a cheery "Dude, What's The Haps?" I could tell by their smiles that they knew I was one of them.  Ah, it is wonderful to be part of the "in" crowd.

1 comment:

  1. ... and you actually discover so many things when you walk.

    ReplyDelete