Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Every St. Patrick's Day I think of my Uncle Jack and Aunt Helen (see photographs above).  They were both very proud of being Irish, especially my Aunt, whose maiden name was Fitzgerald.  Her family was VERY Irish.  You did not say anything negative about John Fitzgerald Kennedy in their presence, let me tell you. Both Uncle Jack and Aunt Helen were really nice people, and very generous to their nieces and nephews. My sister tells the story of how my Uncle gave my mother the money to buy her a Betsy-Wetsy doll, which I guess was once a really big deal (and they say today's kids are crazy). He also helped with college tuition and many other things.  Sometimes, when you are young, you don't appreciate just how wonderful some people are until it is too late.  A sad fact of life, I guess.  Let that be a lesson to you, all you young people out there!  In any case, Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment