Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Father's 105th Birthday...


My father would have been 105 years old today if he were still alive.  He and my mother moved to Stuart, Florida in 1976 and he was able to enjoy 7 years of retirement there before he passed away at the age of 74.  I believe  - although am not completely sure - that the above photograph is the last one I ever took of him, standing in front of his Chevrolet Camero back in August of 1983.  I remember one time he and my mother were driving  from Stuart to Chicago and from there to Denver in that car when he was stopped by the police for going 88 miles per hour on the interstate at a time when the top speed limit was 55.  He told the officer that he could not see the speedometer due to cataract operations and was therefore just keeping up with the flow of traffic.  I don't think the cop bought that excuse, but it was certainly worth a try.  Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment