Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Clear Lake Update


My plan to visit Clear Lake, Iowa - the ancestral home of the Hoyts - fell by the wayside last year due to a variety of reasons, and so I had to temporarily put off working on my "Blurb Book" about the Hoyt Family and my great Aunt Viola Thayer, who died in 1910 at the age of 17.  Viola kept a scrapebook / postcard / photo album that I plan to use in the project, but unfortunately I will probably never know who all the people in the photographs are.  The above photo had a date written on the back (June 13th, 1909, but nothing else). In any case, I have been told that Clear Lake, Iowa is an absolutely beautiful place.  There are even rumors that George Clooney is thinking of selling his mansion on Lake Como in Italy and moving to Clear Lake.  I just can't wait to spend a long weekend there in the spring.  I'll even drive my new 2014 Hyundai there to impress the natives.  Let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment