Monday, January 5, 2015

The View From Here


As loyal Blog readers know, I have been without a car for the past few weeks or so.  The day my car died on University Boulevard it was warm and sunny.  As soon as it was towed away, the temperature dropped and it started snowing.  It has been snowing and cold as hell ever since, as I muddled to work each day on the bus, went grocery shopping via the Light Rail train, and used both methods of transportation to look for a new car.  Saturday it snowed hard all day, but I decided to bite the bullet anyway and buy a new Hyundai. I bought it from a guy named Attila, who is originally from Transylvania in Romania.  My last car I bought from William Howard Taft (call me Bill).  It doesn't seem quite that long ago, but I guess it was.  In any case,  I drove the car home through the heavy snow, got it parked, and took the above photograph from the living room of my condo, across the street from the University of Denver - my Alma Mater and my employer for almost 30 years until they outsourced the Bookstore.  But I am getting off track. And I am NOT bitter. My point is that Sunday, the sun came out and the temperatures rose (it must be 70 out there today), and all is well.  I am convinced that now that I have wheels, it will probably not snow here again the entire winter. Was God sending me a message or what?  I just want to apologize to the people of Denver for taking so long to buy a new car.  If I had been a little quicker, this horrible weather would have cleared up much sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment