Sunday, January 18, 2015

It's Susan's Birthday!


Today is my sister Susan's birthday.  In celebration of this festive occasion, I am featuring a photograph taken of her, looking deceptively sweet, back when she was two or three years old.  Around that time, when my father was overseas in Okinawa, Susan and my mother Mary lived with my Grandfather and Grandmother Spillard in their Chicago flat.  Susan and her friend Janet were the terrors of the neighborhood back then, and known as "Bad Susie and Bad Janet."  On the back of the above photograph, by the way, it says that this portrait was taken at The Fair, an old time Chicago department store, and if it was ever published, proper credit should be given to them.  What foresight those Fair people had back then!  And therefore I am giving due credit to The Fair Department Store right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment