Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Frigid First "First Friday"


I joined my fellow art lover's on the first "First Friday Art Walk" of the year on Santa Fe Drive here in Denver last night.  There were far fewer people around than during the summer, when the galleries and sidewalks are packed and the food trucks are doing a brisk business.  Last night there wasn't a food truck in sight, and the temperatures were a nippy 20 degrees (4 above zero with the wind chill).  I really enjoy looking at the art at these events, most of which I describe as "World Class Weird" in style.  However, at the Point Gallery (seen in the photograph above), a mixed media artist named Joe Friend had an exhibit of works featuring half naked women adorned by a variety of paints and pasted on objects which I found rather appealing.  What a shame I didn't have $1,500 so I could have taken one home on the Light Rail train.  My fellow passengers would have pointed me out as an obvious artiste, or possibly a dirty old man, depending on their artistic viewpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment