Thursday, January 8, 2015

Telling It Like It Is


I have had the same bank account since 1981 (34 years for all you non-math majors out there) without any incident.  Which is why I was surprised when I received an e-mail from the Senior Vice President of Fraud Protection from my bank letting me know that a hold had been placed on my account after I deposited a check from my money market account to cover the down payment on my new car.  I immediately called the Fraud Squad and asked what the deal was, and after a short time on hold, was told that on second review, the funds had been released.  I called my money market account the very next morning, and was told the check had gone through just fine, which is probably why my bank decided to drop it's fraud investigation against me.  I did ask my bank's customer service rep why a fraud investigation had been launched against me in the first place, and was told that depositing that amount of money into my account was "out of my usual pattern" (i.e. above my station in life, to put it in Downton Abbey terms).  I have to admire my bank for that. No couching their language in politically correct, diplomatic terms.   You are a crook until proven otherwise.  I definitely feel confident my money is safe with them - the only problem will be getting them to give it back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment