Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cowabunga!



I was taking some photographs on my way to the Union Station Light Rail Station after work the other night and took the above photograph of one of the cows from the CowParade art exhibit here in Denver back in 2006.  The exhibition featured fiberglass cows decorated by local artists and placed throughout the city.





Seeing that cow reminded me of a collage I made that interspersed photographs of these cows with University of Denver Bookstore employees (photo on left). The top left photograph of this collage features the face of my friend and former DU Bookstore colleague Doug photo-shopped onto the face of one of the cows.  Talk about a true work of art. I was so overwhelmed by nostalgia after looking at this masterpiece that I decided to go visit Doug at the Wizard's Chest (where he is the resident magician on Saturdays) to talk over old times. Doug is doing well, and told me that I look the same, except much older.  He also told me he never referred to me as "Crazy Old Man Hoyt,"  only agreed with all the others who called me that.  Thanks for the support, Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment