Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Zoo In Winter - 2015 Edition


I visited the Denver Zoo Saturday morning before heading into work to catch up on some paperwork.  Not only was it actually pleasant outside for once (undoubtedly some sort of cosmic screw up), but since I don't have a parking space for my new car yet, I had to drive it somewhere or actually feed the meter (yikes!).  In any case, I spent a pleasant morning at the zoo, which was mainly filled with parents taking their young children to see all the animals in lockup.  In front of the cheetah cage, a woman was giving a talk to about 4 or 5 older men and women (even older than me), but was talking to them as if they were all 5 year olds. This struck me as a bit odd,  and so I listened a little closer and learned that they were being trained as docents. Now I understand why none of them leaped in the air when the the trainer asked them to pretend they were cheetahs and see how high in the air they could jump. Obviously none of them are good sports - I would have been leaping up and down immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment