Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Goodbye Forever To My Classic 1987 Honda Civic...


It was inevitable.  The engine of my Honda Civic was shot, and I had to buy a new car.  I only have one parking space, and so I just couldn't keep it around for sentimental reasons.  And so yesterday - on my 62nd birthday, no less - I sold it to a junk yard and they towed it away.  To add insult to injury, on the phone I was told I would get $200 for it, but when they came and inspected it, I was informed it was only worth $100.  What a sad ending to a car that I have owned for almost half my life.  It was kind of like sending your beloved old horse to the glue factory.  On the other hand, I now have a car that I can actually drive out of state without worrying (hopefully) that I might breakdown in some small town in Nebraska or Kansas and wind up washing dishes there for the rest of my life.  Not that it might not be kind of fun.  The glass is indeed always half full, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment