Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Radio Daze


As I mentioned last week, I now have a car radio for the first time since 1979, and it has been a bit of a culture shock.  This morning I had the pleasure of listening to a commercial in which a woman tells her friend all about her husband Tom's visit to The Men's Clinic, and what tremendous results were achieved.  As far as I can remember, I don't think they had "men's clinics" back in 1979, and even if they did, you weren't forced to listen to their commercials on the radio.  Of course, there were some offensive commercials years ago.  I remember that whenever one of them came up on the television, my father would shout out an expletive and then get up and change the channel (this was before remotes, of course).  At least these days we have better ways to deal with these annoyances.  I only wish that I could hire injury attorney Frank Azar, "The Strong Arm," another commercial presence on the radio each morning, to sue those damn advertising agencies for doing so much injury to our brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment