Thursday, January 15, 2015

Losing Track of The Decades


I'm pretty sure I was the one who took the above photograph of (from left to right) my father Nelson, mother Mary, Aunt Elsie, and Uncle Bill (my mother's brother).  For a while, however, I wasn't sure where or what decade it was taken in. At first I thought it was taken on the golf course down in Stuart, Florida, where they all retired to beginning in the 1970s.  However, upon further inspection, I realized it was taken on a golf course in Ontario during the early 1960s, when both our families spent two weeks each summer at Torpitt Lodge, located on the shores of Sparrow Lake.  The older I get, the easier it is to be a few decades or so off in you recollections.  Not to mention how easy it is now to confuse Ontario and Florida.  After all, they are both in North America, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment