Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Joys Of Car Shopping


The last time I went car shopping was in December of 1986, when I bought my classic 1987 Honda Civic, which gave up the ghost a few weeks ago.  Since that time I have been searching for a replacement car, traveling to various dealerships via public transportation.  Friday night I took the Light Rail train to Arapahoe Road, down in Denver's southern suburbs, to check out a Toyota dealership, but when I got there, I realized that the light rail stop was no where near Arapahoe Road.  What's the deal with that?  In any case, since it was very cold, and snowing too, I decided to head back to Denver and attend the First Friday Art Walk on Santa Fe Drive.  Saturday it was still snowing pretty hard (it seems like it has been snowing continuously since my car died), but I decided to soldier on anyway and take the bus to the Hyundai dealership in Aurora, Colorado.  I was planning on writing a sarcastic Blog about the hell of buying a new car, but wound up actually having a very good experience, buying what I believe is the last 2014 Hyundai in Denver from a salesman named Attila, who is originally from Transylvania in Romania.  Talk about the new global economy. Go figure. Thanks for the car, Attila!

No comments:

Post a Comment