Sunday, April 19, 2015

DU Pushes On Towards The Playoffs


I stopped by Peter Barton (Random Rich Guy) Stadium Saturday afternoon to check out how the University of Denver Lacrosse Team was faring against rival Providence (I think that is back east somewhere, isn't it?) in DU's final home game of the season.  I only stayed a few minutes, observing the action from the cheap seats. After all, it is only Lacrosse.  I guess I am still bitter about DU tearing down it's baseball stadium to put up a parking lot, and then eliminating the baseball program after their long-time coach retired.  Of course, as far as I know, they let him retire on his own terms, as opposed to laying him off and telling him he had the option of "retiring," which happened to me after 30 years, when the DU Bookstore was outsourced.  Of course, the baseball coach retired years ago, when it was a kinder, gentler DU.  But as I have said many times, I am not bitter about that. In fact, I am thinking of going to DU Alumni Baseball Night this July on the party deck at Coors Field to see the Colorado Rockies play ball.  There will be a two hour pre-game meet and greet that night, which would give me the the opportunity to let everyone who attended know how not bitter I am.  But I digress.  DU won the game against Providence 13-9, have now won 15 games in a row at home, and are on their way to the playoffs. Too bad it is just Lacrosse.

No comments:

Post a Comment