Wednesday, April 15, 2015

More Florida Nostalgia


Yes.  Once again the forecast here in Denver is for snow, and of course the weather bunnies do not know just how much yet.  A few flurries or a few feet - it is still up in the air, so to speak.  Time to once again think about the good old days back in Stuart, Florida.  I took the above photograph a few years ago at sunset in the Japanese garden just outside of the Benihana of Tokyo in Sewall's Point, an exclusive neighborhood just to the east of Stuart.  Years ago my parents and I went there for the sunset special, back when we were all young and adventurous.  Whenever I mention that place, my mother always used to recall the story of how the chef put on a show as he chopped vegetables at the table, and was able to launch one right into my shirt pocket.  I myself don't remember that at all.  Was my mother's memory faulty, or is mine?  We'll never know.  The acorn never falls far from the tree, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment