Monday, April 13, 2015

Nostalgia for Chicago


Writing about Chicago baseball teams and players, not to mention Wrigley Field, a few days ago,  I have been feeling pretty nostalgic about my hometown of Chicago.  And therefore today I have decided to feature a photograph of two Chicago icons - The Berghoff Restaurant in the Loop and Studs Terkel,  noted Chicago author, radio personality, and all-around good guy.  The Berghoff has been an institution in Chicago for decades.  Studs, of course, has written many oral histories of people from all walks of live, and had his own show on WFMT radio for many years, too.  Studs was not the most organized of people, however, and his office at WFMT evidently looked like a disaster area. In fact, it was referred to as his room, not his office.  It just goes to show that organization isn't everything, as I often tell my boss at work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment