Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Midnight Hour


"Forbear being out after midnight when the powers of evil are exalted," if I might paraphrase the advice given by Sir Hugo Baskerville to his sons, in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's famous short story The Hound of the Baskervilles.  That has been pretty hard for me, lately, since I have been working two or three night a week until 12:15 a.m. at a part time job, in order to keep the home fires burning, not to mention the electricity on. In any case, I have not seen any hell hounds wandering the streets after I leave work, but you do meet an interesting assortment of characters working those hours.  Which I assume is what people think to themselves about me when our paths cross at that hour.  In other words, it's all good.  Still living the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment