Sunday, April 12, 2015

Tax Weekend


I just hate doing income taxes.  It is complicated and takes forever - by which I mean the entire weekend, which is increasingly becoming my definition of taking forever.  That is why I wait until the last weekend before April 15th to do them.  Even when I am getting money back, I always wind up putting them off.  My friend Valarie - my former colleague at the University of Denver Bookstore, where I was the Finance Manager - tells me I should simply pay someone like H&R Block to do them for me.  What?  Pay someone hundreds of dollars to do something I can do myself just as well, if not better?  No Way Jose!  After finding out just how much it costs to have a tax preparer do your taxes, I have begun to think that a weekend of misery each year is probably good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment