Friday, April 3, 2015

Moving Day


Yesterday I helped pack up the books at the Highlands Ranch branch of the local bookstore chain where I work, and today I am off to the Aspen Grove Shopping Center in south suburban Littleton, Colorado, to help unpack all those books at the new location.  I must say that I was never crazy about the Highlands Ranch bookstore.  The store looked very much like a Barnes and Noble, and people were always writing their checks out to that particular establishment when they paid for their books, to the great frustration of the staff.  The new location is smaller, but with a lot more atmosphere, and even includes a fireplace to gather around on chilly winter evenings. Kind of like what an independent bookstore should look like.  Plus, on a personal note, I used to deliver mail in Highlands Ranch as a rural carrier for the Post Office, and a number of times, as the temperature dropped to 30 degrees below zero and the time approached midnight, the devil himself (a local Highlands Ranch resident), used to appear in front of each postal box as I approached, laughing mockingly.  Which I sometimes found a bit disturbing.  The rest of the time my reaction was simply "whatever," as I recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment