Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Jungle Queen - A Sightseeing Tip!




My friends Ana Silvia and Joe are heading off to Florida to visit friends in Fort Lauderdale next week, and afterwards will visit Ocala and Gainesville to see if they might want to move to beautiful and affordable North Florida. When I heard this, I immediately told Ana Silvia to take the boat trip on The Jungle Queen, which cruises the waters around the City of Fort Lauderdale.  It leaves from Bahia Mar Marina, close to the Fort Lauderdale Beaches, and cruises up the New River - past the homes of multi-millionaires - to an island in the middle of the river, where there is a tropical atmosphere and exotic animals are on exhibit. My mother Mary, sister Susan, and I had a wonderful afternoon taking this cruise many years ago, and I am sure that it is just as nice these days, too.  Bahia Mar Marina, by the way, was where literary hero Travis McGee used to live aboard his houseboat, The Busted Flush.  There is even a plaque there marking the spot. Of course, since the Travis McGee mystery adventures are a bit out of date, I imagine just old guys - plus me - probably still care.  Happy travels!

3 comments:

  1. wow..it's fantastic blog. i like this post. it's contains really nice information that enhance my

    knowledge...Jungle Queen Boat Tour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really impressed in your blog…..and Thank you for sharing this information…It is Very interesting..South Beach Food & Wine Tour

    ReplyDelete