Sunday, June 30, 2019

A Chicago White Sox Update!



As I write this, the Chicago White Sox - my south side heros - are 4 games under .500. Granted, that is not considered very good by most people (the rival north side Chicago Cubs are 7 games over .500 and in 1st place, after all), but for we south siders, being just 4 games under .500 is quite a feat.  After all, the White Sox lost 100 games last year, which is the very definition of a horrible ball club.  And so it is time to bask in the glory of south side baseball.  Yesterday afternoon, walking around the Denver Zoo, I even saw a large number of people (2) wearing Chicago White Sox attire - fans are beginning to jump on the bandwagon! And by the way, I took the above self portrait while I was watching the White Sox play the Cubs on MLB.com. They won that contest, but lost the next day, splitting the series. Which means they are playing .500 baseball against the Cubs. Damn, they are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment