Monday, June 10, 2019

Stuart On The Trail In Golden






I drove out to beautiful, exotic, and amazingly boring Lakewood, Colorado last week, where I picked up my friend Stuart (seen in the photograph on the left) and headed to Golden for a short hike along Clear Creek. It is a very pretty trail, right in the heart of Golden, and it truly makes you think you are actually out in the wilderness. Afterwards, we headed to the Table Mesa Inn for burritos, and then went to the Golden City Brewery (located in the backyard of an 1870s era house, which I featured in a blog post a few weeks ago), where we had another beer.  It was a very pleasant evening, and the outdoor beer garden had a very mellow crowd, no doubt already in summer mode, as am I - my first summer without a job in many decades.  As Jackie Gleason used to say, "How Sweet It Is."

No comments:

Post a Comment