Thursday, June 20, 2019

Monet Is Coming To Denver!







I just purchased tickets to the big Monet exhibit that will be coming to the Denver Art Museum (The DAM) this fall.  Despite being a cheapskate, I decided to buy these tickets as soon as possible, just in case the show is a sellout.  It will feature 125 of Monet's paintings, on loan from some of the most prestigious museums in the world, and the Denver Art Museum will be the only venue for this exhibit.  The show will run from October 21st, 2019 thru February 2nd, 2020, and I am especially looking forward to it since my sister Susan and I just toured Monet's home and gardens at Giverny last month.  The brochure seen on the left advertising this exhibit shows one of Monet's famous paintings of the Japanese Bridge, located in his garden at Giverny.




And coincidentally, just last month I took a photograph of this very same bridge, as seen in the photograph on the right.  It is not quite as tranquil as in Monet's painting, since it is jammed with tourists.  In fact, all of the major tourist sites my sister and I visited in Europe were overrun by tourists.  It really detracted from the trip, and this over-tourism is becoming a major issue not only in Europe, but all over the world. And the solution?  Travel in the month of February, like my friends Bill and Renee.  Just remember to bring a very warm coat to help stave off hypothermia when sitting in the sidewalk cafes on Paris' Rue Cler (my favorite street in that wonderful city). On the other hand, what a way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment