Thursday, June 27, 2019

The June Mutt Of The Month








There are only a few more days left in June, and so I thought it imperative that I name this month's Mutt of the Month before time runs out.  And out of practical necessity, it is once again Blackberry, one of my sister Susan's two dogs (the other is Tutu), who I wind up walking several times a week when I am up in Fort Collins. I snapped the photograph on the left of Blackberry on one such walk as she was focused on a squirrel that she spotted and chased up a tree.  She kept running back and forth, and seemed convinced that somehow, someway, she was going to catch the thing.









Meanwhile, the squirrel in the tree was giving me a look like I had done something wrong.  Give me a break - you know dogs can't climb trees and you are perfectly safe.  Let the poor dog have a little fun once in a while.  I personally have nothing against squirrels, although my sister complains that they eat all the bird seed out of her roughly 400 bird feeders, and a former Tattered Cover Bookstore colleague used to refer to them as "'tree rats." But not me - as far as squirrels go, I believe live and let live.  And besides, all Blackberry wants to do is play with you.  What's wrong with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment