Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day!









Today is Father's Day, and so I am featuring a couple of photographs of my father Nelson, who would now be 110 years old if he were still alive today.  The photograph on the left shows my father and I together back in 1953, when I was at my charming best.  We were sitting in the backyard of our house  in the south side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago.  This was before we built the enclosed back porch that later became my sister Susan's room.  Step out the back door back then and watch out.












The photo on the right was taken by me of my father in Charleston, South Carolina, probably in the late 1970s, when my sister Susan and I visited our parents down in Stuart, Florida - where they moved to in 1976 - and we did a road trip to Savannah and Charleston.  Both of those cities are truly beautiful, and if you have never visited them, I advise you to head on down there.  In any case, we had fun taking that trip, as well as several others around the State of Florida.  They were always short trips, since my father absolutely loved Stuart, and hated to be away from there for long.  He only had 7 years of retirement down there, but I am glad he was able to at least enjoy those years after a lifetime at a job he hated. Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment