Friday, May 3, 2024

Hazards On The 5th Hole!


I have driven through Evergreen, Colorado quite frequently over the past 6 months, often driving past the Evergreen Golf Course on Upper Bear Creek Road. That golf course, owned by the City and County of Denver, is closed from November 1st through April 30th, and I have never seen an elk or deer on the grounds this winter or spring. Until this past Wednesday, May 1st, the 2024 opening, when I took the photograph above. How in the world do those elk know? It is uncanny. They must be far more intelligent than we give them credit for. Who knew elk could be so passive-aggressive? But it also begs the question: how in the hell do you play that hole? I did not witness anyone driving their golf balls over the elk, so they must have some sort of procedure for that situation in the official USGA Rule Book. I definitely plan to look it up before I take part in the next official golf tournament at that course (if there is one). Which I am sure could happen, even though the last time I played golf was back in 2015 down in Stuart, Florida. Fortunately, playing golf is like riding a bicycle - you never forget how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment