Thursday, May 23, 2024

The Gate Across The Road


I took the photograph above of a gate that blocks a road that used to lead to a beautiful hiking trail in front of Mount Blue Sky (formerly Mount Evans) here in Colorado. I went there a number of times with my sister Susan, brother-in-law George, and George's cousin Richard and Aunt Frances back in the 1980s and 90s. Recently I was driving on Upper Bear Creek Road west of Evergreen and decided to check out that area for old times' sake. As I recall, the road got worse and worse the further you went, and I planned to stop when I thought I might damage the car, but before I got to that point, I came across the gate in the photograph above, with a sign stating that it was private property. So much for that. Was it always private property? And if so, why was the road open then and not now? We'll probably never know. Hopefully I can find an alternative route there when the road through the Mount Evans State Wildlife Area opens for the year on June 14th. No people are allowed there until that date, to give the wildlife a break from hikers and tourists. Makes sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment