Saturday, May 18, 2024

Kaladi Coffee Roasters


Kaladi Coffee Roasters is located just down the street from the University of Denver, and is a popular gathering spot for students, faculty, and staff. I was walking past it the other day and took the photograph above of the mural on the outside wall of their building, which I think is pretty nice. Here in Denver, the River North (RiNo) neighborhood is famous for its wall murals - there is even a web site devoted to them - but to me most if not all of them are just plain weird. The one above, with the caption "Choose Fair Trade: Support Gender Equality" at the top, is a realistic portrait, as opposed to so many cartoonish ones in RiNo. But then again, the younger generation seems to be drawn to cartoons these days, whether they be television programs, graphic novels, or cartoonish wall murals. I don't get it, but these days there are a lot of things I don't get.

No comments:

Post a Comment