Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Another Damn Free Day At The Denver Zoo


At least that was my first thought.  I knew it was a free day a mile before I got to the zoo - there were lines of people walking along the street to the parking lots on the other side of City Park, which could only mean it was a free day crowd.  And that was in fact the case.  However, thanks to a little bit of luck and the fact that it was late in the afternoon, I somehow found a parking space.  When I got through the gate, the place was packed.  At first I was a little put off by that, but then I began to realize that a great many of these people - many of whom were part of large families - could never afford to visit the zoo if it weren't a free day, so I decided to put away my inner curmudgeon for the day.  But only for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment