Tuesday, February 21, 2017

More East High Memories


I took the above photo of Denver's East High from the parking garage of the bookstore where I work as the bookkeeper, just before heading to my part-time job.  East High is south of City Park, which is one of Denver's oldest.  The City Park Esplanade, which is also seen in the photograph above, connects the park to Colfax, just across the street from the bookstore, which makes for a nice green space along what is otherwise a sometimes gritty urban corridor.  When I first moved to Denver, this was the location of The People's Fair, an annual festival that takes every June.  It was later moved to Civic Center Park, right across the street from the state capitol building, but still straddling Colfax.  And why did it move?  Too many people at The People's Fair, I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment