Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The First Day Of Spring Training


Today, February 14th, is the first day of baseball spring training.  Just how wonderful is that?  Of course, I do know that February 14th is also Valentine's Day, but that pales in comparison to the start of the baseball season.  And does it surprise anyone that I am divorced?  In any case, the above photograph features none other than Shoeless Joe Jackson, who was part of the 1919 Chicago White Sox team that threw the World Series.  Jackson played flawless ball, but was still banned from baseball for life along with his teammates. I took the liberty of photo-shopping Jackson onto a photograph I took at Coor's Field one long ago Opening Day.  I should have used a photograph of old Comiskey Park, but I'm sure Shoeless Joe wouldn't mind.  Go White Sox!

No comments:

Post a Comment