Thursday, February 23, 2017

Time For Nostalgia!






I am currently working a part-time job in the evenings and on weekends, and so have less time to take Blog photographs these days.  Therefore it helps that I have lots of old family photographs that I can draw on in a pinch.  I took the photograph on the left of my father Nelson probably back in the early 1980s on a visit to my parent's condo down in Stuart, Florida.  When my sister and I visited them, my father would get up in the mornings and make us all breakfast, while still wearing his pajamas.  It makes me smile to look at this photograph.  My sister and I still own the condo, and have tried to rent it - with mixed success - during the season to help pay the maintenance.  It looks very much like it did when my parents moved there back in 1976, which is probably why it is not all that popular a choice for the "snow birds" who flock down to Florida from January through March.  On the other hand, I like it just fine that way.  It is like coming home when I go down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment