Tuesday, February 28, 2017

A Death In Vienna


I recently finished reading A Death In Venice, a Gabriel Allon espionage novel by Daniel Silva.  As usual, it was an excellent read, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.  As I have mentioned on this Blog before, I have read all of Silva's more recent books, and am reading his older books in the reverse order of when they were written.  I thought this book would be about the bombing in Vienna that killed his son and drove his then wife to madness, which would have indeed been sad, but it wasn't.  I am beginning to think that that will permanently remain a back story.  I only have three more books in the series to read, and so I will find out shortly.  One jarring note is looking at the photographs of author Daniel Silva on the back cover of his books.  Looking at the back cover photo on A Death in Vienna, Silva looks like a teenager, as opposed to the late middle age (he is 57 years old) photos on his more recent books.  How lucky I am not to have aged like that.  No doubt some sort of miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment