Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Prince Of Fire


I just finished reading Prince of Fire, one of author Daniel Silva's Gabriel Allon spy novels.  Allon is an Israeli agent, working for the Mossad and fighting both Islamic terrorism and the frightening specter of a KGB run Russia (much beloved by Donald Trump, I might add).  I have read all of Silva's recent novels, and am therefore reading his older works, in reverse chronological order.  The good thing about that is that you already know how all the characters wind up, and so you suffer a lot less anxiety as you read the book.  The Prince of Fire was, as always, an excellent read, and revolves around an Islamic terrorist targeting Allon himself, and even kidnapping his institutionalized wife.  The previous book in the series I will read next is A Death in Venice, which centers around the car bombing of Allon's wife and son.  His son dies, and his badly maimed wife winds up an institutionalized, life long mental patient. Even though I know how it all ends, I am not anxious to read that particular story, for obvious reasons

No comments:

Post a Comment