Saturday, February 18, 2017

Atlas Obscura


One of top selling books this past holiday season was Atlas Obscura, a travel guide to hidden and often very weird sights around the world.  I was actually thinking of buying a copy, but it sold out on Christmas Eve and took well over a month to come back into stock.  Once it was back on the shelf, I took a closer look.  It seems to describe lots of sights that feature skeletons and skulls and other macabre things.  I would like to travel a bit after I retire, but there are only so many places you can visit, and remote regions of the world that contain skull-filled castles is, for me, not one of them, and so I decided not to drop the $35 bucks (less my store discount) that it would take to buy the book.  As a confirmed cheapskate, I have to wonder - what I was thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment