Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Goods


There is a restaurant right next to the bookstore where I work, which is called The Goods (seen in the photograph above).  Over the three years I have worked at the bookstore, it has been called Sylvia's Kitchen, Udi's, The Good Son, and now The Goods.  Changing names so frequently is never a good sign, although I think the owners did sell off the Udi's brand and then reopened the place as an independent operation.  Having a restaurant next door is pretty important to the bookstore, since many people want to browse the bookshelves and then have lunch next door.  The store even reopened a long closed door between the two businesses to allow easier access.  I haven't eaten at the place since it was The Good Son. The food and service were both good, and I wouldn't mind eating there again if I wasn't on a tight budget these days.  Back when it was The Good Son, the place featured "Detroit style" pizza, which I assumed consisted of the favorite recipes of the Detroit mob.  These days it is heavy into vegetarian offerings, a bow to the tastes of the surrounding neighborhood, I suppose.  No doubt California transplants imposing their tastes on us poor Coloradans.  The swine.

No comments:

Post a Comment