Friday, October 19, 2018

A New Photo Project?





It has been a number of years since my last photo project, when I put together a "Blurb" book documenting a trip from Rome to Granada.  Things got pretty hectic after that, and I barely had time to take photographs for my blog, let alone work on anything else.  However, now that I am retired I thought I might put together a "Blurb" book about my Great Aunt Viola, who (to the best of my knowledge) is pictured in the photograph on the left.  Back in the late 1960s, as my father Nelson was preparing to sell his parent's home in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, I went through the crawlspace in the basement and found not only a whole bunch of books (many of which my sister Susan seized, but I am not bitter about that), but also a photo album/postcard book that belonged to Viola Thayer of Clear Lake, Iowa.  I asked my father about it, and he told me it belonged to his father's half sister, who died back in 1910 at the age of 17.  Evidently the album was thrown in the crawlspace after she died and never taken out again until I stumbled onto it.  It has been in boxes, or just sitting around the various apartments I have lived in, ever since.  I always though it would be an interesting project to work on, but as I said, I just never got around to it.  Until now.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment