Friday, October 26, 2018

Florida At The End Of October







The end of October thru December is the best time of year to be in Stuart, Florida.  The snowbirds are only starting to arrive, the weather is starting to get cool, and restaurants are not too crowded. Stuart (as well as the rest of Martin County) is a beautiful place with very strict environmental regulations, making it one of the last wide open spaces on the east coast of Florida.  You can't beat that.  In the photograph on the left my mother is posing on the beach next to the House of Refuge, a maritime rescue station built on a coral bluff along the beach back in 1876.  It is a beautiful , peaceful place, and I miss it very much, and I especially miss being able to fly down to Florida several times a year to visit my mother.  She is long gone now, and my sister Susan and I have rented her condo full-time in order to keep it in the family.   And will we one day return there?  You can bet on it.  Especially in that magical time from October to December.

No comments:

Post a Comment