Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Our Non-Anniversary







Today is the day my ex-wife Lisa and I got married in Golden, Colorado back in 1982.  It is not technically an anniversary, but certainly a day I remember each year. I am not sure what to call it, but always like to recognize the day on this blog with a photograph.  The one on the left is a cropped image from a larger photograph taken of us around 1984 at Rocky Mountain National Park. A very long time ago for sure.  We are both two different people now.  Ironically, my friend Stuart and I are driving up to Rocky Mountain Park today.  Since the photo of Lisa and I was taken in August, and Stuart and I are driving up there in mid-October, I imagine there will probably be a lot more snow on the ground today. In any case, if you see reports on television of two hikers lost in the wilds, don't worry.  It couldn't be us. We are both from Chicago (Stuart from the North Side and me from the South Side), and so we know our way around.  I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment