Friday, October 12, 2018

Old Chicago Memories



My friend Stuart and I had dinner last night at the Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom on Colorado Boulevard here in Southeast Denver.  We have been going to this particular Old Chicago for many years now.  In fact, we even went here before it was an Old Chicago, back when it was called Fenway Park.  The ghosts of old Red Sox fans have been replaced for many years now by boisterous Cubs fans (currently saddened by the elimination of both the Chicago Cubs and the Colorado Rockies from baseball's playoffs), but the place still seems to draw a good crowd.  And yes - Stuart is wearing his University of Denver sweatshirt to show off this allegiance to that school, where he received a Masters Degree In International Studies.  I myself am also a DU graduate, receiving an MBA back in 1989.  As regular blog readers know, I was also the Finance Manager of the DU Bookstore for almost 30 years until they outsourced the store to Follett Higher Education Group without a second thought, refusing to offer the employees alternative work at the university. And no, I myself was not wearing any DU paraphernalia last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment