Monday, October 15, 2018

Winter Returns





We had what I consider Denver's first measurable snowfall yesterday, although officially our first snowfall was on October 6th, when half an inch fell on Denver International Airport.  The airport is technically part of Denver, but since it is now located close to the Kansas State Line, I personally don't consider that valid. And so I am featuring a photograph of the pool at my condo, with all the white stuff surrounding it, which I took on my way out the door on the way to Fort Collins.




Since it was 68 degrees the day before, the snow, which measured only about 3 inches, did not stick on the streets, and so it was an easy drive up to the "fort." When I got to my sister Susan's place, it looked to me like they received about the same amount of snow, although the trees certainly dropped a lot of leaves throughout the neighborhood, including on my late brother-in-law George's car. Hopefully there will be enough leaves left on the trees to change color in the next week or two.







And just for fun I took a photograph out the window of Susan's living room, showing the snow on the patio table outside.  Since both newspapers and television stations have cut back on photographers these days, newspaper reporters are now supplied with cameras to take their own photographs and the local television news programs ask viewers to send in their photographs.  I remember reading a few years back that a television news anchor actually criticized viewers for sending in photographs like the one on the left, instructing them to send in something more original. You get what you pay for, guys, as do blog readers for that matter, but I am including the photograph anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment