Friday, March 15, 2019

Beware The Ides Of March!



Today is March 15th, also known as the Ides of March, the day Julies Caesar was assassinated back in 44 BC. Caesar was warned to be on the lookout for danger, but of course, he ignored this warning, was indeed killed.  I took the above photograph a number of years ago (please don't ask me which year - I can barely remember yesterday) at the Largo di Torre Argentina, a square in the heart of Rome where the Theater of Pompeii was once located, the place Julius Caesar was killed.  The theater stretched from the Campo del Fiori, where I was staying, to here - quite a long ways - and so I have to assume the place had a hell of a lot of screens.  But the point is, if someone walks up to you and tells you to "Beware the Ides of March," head home and keep a low profile.  That's my plan for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment