Monday, March 25, 2019

Denver's Month Of Photography Continues



This past Saturday I continued my quest to check out many of the art galleries participating in Denver's Month of Photography 2019, which features photographs of every imaginable kind.  I hit the larger galleries a few weeks ago, but Saturday decided to hit the smaller galleries located in different parts of the city.  I started at Vertigo Art Space, where photographer Anthony Camera, an old acquaintance from my University of Denver days, was exhibiting a series of pretty fascinating 3D photographs.  I then headed to East Colfax Avenue, just a few blocks east of the Tattered Cover Bookstore, to see Small Works, an exhibit at the Robert Anderson Gallery. This was a juried show featuring a large collection of traditional (mostly black and white) photographs, which I must say were wonderful (that particular gallery can be seen on the right side of the above photograph). The gallery is located next door to the Bluebird Theater, a music venue, and before that, an X-rated theater where Jimmy, the brother of a Hatch's Bookstore employee, once worked. Hatch's, where I was the manager of the University Hills store in my youth,  is sadly long gone, but once again, I digress. And so back to the topic at hand. My last stop was at 30th and Larimer Streets, ground zero for Denver's hipster population, where I perused Dateline Gallery's exhibition of black and white Denver street photographs, which were also quite good. And there is still time to check out these exhibits, people.  I strongly encourage you to do this before March ends, bringing April showers but no more photography shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment