Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The March Mutt of the Month



I took the above photograph of the March Mutt of the Month tied up just outside the patio of the Vine Street Pub, located on 17th Street here in Denver. I have eaten at the Vine Street Pub in the past, as well as it's sister pub, the Mountain Sun Brewery up in Boulder.  Both have excellent beers and good food, but they do not accept credit cards, which to a person like me - who hasn't carried cash since about 1985 - can be quite stressful.  I remember my friend Stuart and I once went to this place for dinner, each ordered beers, and when we realized we could not use plastic, desperately pooled our cash to pay for those beers and then find a place that took credit cards.  We narrowly avoided spending the evening washing dishes, no doubt the establishment's strategy to keep labor costs low.  And it must be working - they have been around a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment