Thursday, March 21, 2019

Captive State



My sister Susan and I went to see the new movie, Captive State, up in Fort Collins the other night, and we both really enjoyed it.  The movie got rave reviews from the Chicago Sun Times film critic (the movie takes place and was filmed entirely in Chicago), but other critics were not so positive.  I was planning to take a photograph of the movie poster in front of the theater to put on this blog, but forgot about it as we left.  The next day I went to 3 different theaters to take a photograph of that poster, but none were on display.  I wound up having to download a copy of the poster from the internet.  And why didn't I do that in the first place?  To that I can only say "Stay in your lane, bro. Or sis"  But the big question I have is the reason for the lack of advertising for this film.  I started thinking about this (always a bad thing), and remembered that my friend Stuart stayed at a hotel recently, and when going for coffee in the morning got into a conversation with the desk clerk, who told him that space aliens are in control of the country, and therefore the only thing to do is accept this fact and try to survive as best we can.  And so perhaps this film is not so much an entertaining distraction, but a thinly disguised warning that the aliens have already taken over.  This would explain the lack of publicity, and a possible effort to make the film go away.  It would also go a long way toward explaining our politicians these days, especially Donald Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment