Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Duma Key



I just finished reading Stephen King's Duma Key.  It took me two months to read the first 400 pages, and 2 nights to read the final 200 pages.  The story revolves around a construction company owner who suffers a brain injury and the loss of this right arm in an accident, and leases a house on Duma Key in Florida while he recuperates.  He takes up drawing, and very strange things begin to happen.  I would often put the book aside for a few days, because I just knew something horrible was going to occur, and did not want to deal with it just yet.  I must say it is well written, and has an exciting finish, but I have to say that King has no compunction about killing off various characters left and right.  By the way, the last book I read by King was Revival, and after I read the ending of that book, I suggested that he might think about taking anti-depressants, or else increase the dosage if he already is.   I am beginning to think Steven King books are not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment