Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Watching Newcastle Play Bournemouth With Mark



As I mentioned in Sunday's blog, I went with my friend Mark (seen in the photograph above) this past Saturday morning to watch Newcastle play a soccer match against Bournemouth with Denver's Newcastle Fan Club.  Thank God England does not go on daylight savings time until March 31st, and so the match started at 9:00 in the morning instead of 8:00.  In any case, the match was streamed on the pub's WiFi,  and there were a LOT of interruptions in the service, extending the game from about 45 minutes to roughly 3 hours, which is all well and good unless you parked in a 2 hour parking space, which is what of course I did, since it was free.  But all worked out well - I did not receive a ticket, and Newcastle and Bournemouth ended the match with a 2-2 tie.  What amazed me most, however, was that the Newcastle Club was relegated to the basement, while there were roughly 1,000 fans watching a rugby match between Ireland and Wales.  At the crack of dawn (9:00 A.M.) no less. Seriously? Rugby?

No comments:

Post a Comment