Saturday, March 9, 2019

More Nostalgia



I uploaded the photograph seen above a few years ago onto my computer, but for some reason don't think I ever posted it on this blog.  It shows my father Nelson posing with his parents, Claire and Fleta (aka Pete), but when and where I do not know.  I do know they lived in the south side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, but I found this photograph with a number of others taken in Clear Lake, Iowa, where my grandfather grew up. I am guessing it was taken in Clear Lake on a visit to see his mother, Sophie, who was still living there at the time. Since my father was born in 1909, it probably was taken around 1915, give or take a year or so. Since I am now retired, I am hoping to do a little bit of genealogical research both in Clear lake, Iowa, and in Chicago one of these days, and hopefully get some answers, not to mention more photographs.  I am talking road trip, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment