Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Back To The Littleton Historical Museum



I decided to head back to the Littleton Historical Museum to walk around and take a few photographs last week. The museum itself is very interesting, with lots of exhibits about the history of the area, but what I like best is walking around the grounds, where they have an 1860s homestead farm and an 1890s urban farm on the grounds, as well as a variety of farm animals.  The farm animals are very friendly, and all seem to want to be petted, although it is expressly forbidden (I did it anyway - call me a rebel without a cause).  Afterwards, I toured downtown Littleton itself, a nice old town (it was incorporated in 1890) with a lot of character, as opposed to some of the ugly, characterless suburbs that have grown up around Denver (and I won't even mention Aurora and Lakewood as examples, just to be nice).

No comments:

Post a Comment